Today’s recipe is such a favorite for us in the south. It’s still hot here right now so typical fall foods are not desirable. So this salad is a winner when it’s super hot outside.
Today’s recipe is the Harvest Cobb Salad.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 1/2 cup Fisher Nuts Pecan Halves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
FOR THE POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- To make the poppy seed dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, sugar, apple cider vinegar and poppy seeds in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of bacon, eggs, apple, pear, pecans, cranberries and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately with poppy seed dressing.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.